Carrots and French beans when cooked together, looks colourful and also taste delicious. It goes out well as side dish for lunch with steamed rice and curries. It is one of the healthiest dish and takes few minutes to prepare.
- Carrot – 3 nos
- French beans – 150 gm
- Green chillies – 2 nos
- Onion – 1 no
- Grated coconut – 2 tbsp
- Cumin powder – 1 tsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
- Split Blackgram – ½ tsp
- Curry leaves – a strand
- Salt to taste
- Rinse the carrots and French beans in water.
- Finely chop the onions, carrots, green chillies and French beans.
- Heat oil in kadai. Put mustard, black gram and curry leaves. Wait till they crackle.
- Add the onions, green chillies and fry till they are transparent.
- Add the carrots, little salt only for carrots and fry them for 5 mins.
- Add the beans, cumin powder, salt and fry them till they turn colour.
- Pour in a cup of water. Cover and cook.
- When the veggie’s are cooked, add the grated coconut and fry them till they become dry.
Serve hot with Steamed rice and curries.