- Cluster beans/Kothavaranga/Seeni avarakkai – ¼ kg
- Onion – 1 not
- Grated coconut – 2 tbsp
- Chilli powder – ½ tsp
- Cumin powder – 1 tsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
- Split Blackgram – ½ tsp
- Curry leaves – a strand
- Salt to taste
- Rinse the cluster beans in water.
- Finely chop the onions and cluster beans.
- Heat oil in a pressure-cooker, add inustard, split blackgram and curry leaves. Wait until they crackle.
- Add the onions and fry till they are transparent.
- Add the cluster beans, chilli powder, salt, cumin powder, turmeric powder and fry till the raw smell goes off.
- Pour in a cup of water. Cover and cook for 2 whistles. Remove from fire.
- Remove the lid, when the pressure subsides.
- Keep in medium flame, add in the grated coconut and cook until it becomes dry.
Serve hot with Steamed rice and curries.