I never like to have paneer, so it’s been apart from my kitchen. Recently I saw many of the recipes related to paneer and also I have tried desserts with paneer. So it motivated me to cook with paneer. I have been hunting for some different recipe, but mostly I came across kadai paneer and panner recipes which were dry. So I thought of experimenting my own recipe and used all the ingredients which came to my mind at that time. Been wondering how the dish would turn out, everyone liked it the most. This was our today’s dinner and can’t wait to share.
- Panner – 100 gm
- Capsicum – 2 nos
- Fennel seeds – 1 tbsp
- Coriander seeds – 1 tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Red chillies – 4 nos
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Onion – 2 nos
- Tomato – 1 ½ nos
- Garam masala – 2 tsp
- Yogurt / Curd – ½ cup
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Coriander leaves – a handful
- Methi leaves(Dried) – 2 tbsp
- Chop onions, tomatoes, capsicum and paneer to medium size.
- Crush Fennel seeds and keep it aside.
- Coarsely grind red chillies and coriander seeds, keep it aside.
- Fry paneer in tawa by drizzling oil along the sides of it and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in kadai. Put cumin seeds, wait till they crackle.
- Put the ginger garlic paste, fry till the raw smell goes off.
- Put the onions and fry till they are transparent.
- Put the tomatoes, coriander and methi leaves. Fry till the tomatoes become mushy.
- Put the capsicum, then the crushed fennel seeds and the grounded coriander and red chillies. Fry till the raw smell goes off.
- Put salt and pour yogurt /curd and a cup of water, Cover and wait to cook.
- Put the paneer and cover and cook for about 10 mins.
Serve hot with Indian breads.