I have planned to try out cupcakes for about long time. After noticing too many lemons in my fridge, planned to make lemon based cake and lemon icing. The cake came out well than I imagined, let you all give a try and enjoy my recipe.
- Maida/All purpose flour – 2 cups
- Sugar – 1 ½ cup
- Butter – ¾ cup
- Eggs – 3 nos
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
- Lemon zest – 2 tbsp
- Milk – 1 cup
- Fresh Lemon juice – 2 ½ tsp
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C.
- Sieve flour, baking powder, salt together in a bowl.
- In another bowl, take butter and sugar. Beat till they are soft and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs and add lemon zest, vanilla essence to it and continue beating.
- Add milk and lemon juice. Beat for 2 mins.
- Put the flour little by little and beat well.
- Fill the flour in cupcake liners and bake it for about 10 mins.
- Insert tooth pick to the cake and check whether it comes out clean. If so the cake is ready.
- Chilled heavy cream – 2 cups
- Powdered sugar – ¾ cup
- Fresh Lemon juice- 1 ½ tsp
- Beat the cream in a bowl with an electric mixer, set on low until the cream begins to thicken.
- Add the sugar and lemon juice and continue beating.
- Increase the speed to high and beat until the icing forms soft peaks.
- Spread on cooled cup cakes. Refrigerate the leftovers.
- Sprinkle Lemon zest on the top of Icing.