Here is my tricolor sandwich for both Independence day and Republic day. Give a try and enjoy the dish.
- Bread slices – 4 nos
- Grated carrot – ½ cup
- Grated cheese – ¼ cup
- Mayonnaise – ¼ cup
- Green peas – 3 tbsp
- Boiled and mash the green peas, make sure they should be in paste consistency.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree c.
- Half the bread to triangle shape.
- Spread mayonnaise on the bread and sprinkle grated carrot on it.
- Spread mayonnaise on the other bread slice and sprinkle the grated cheese on it.
- Spread mayonnaise on the other bread slice and place the mashed peas over it.
- Now place all these bread slices one by one according to our Tricolour flag and bake it for 4 mins.
Serve hot with Tomato sauce or mayonnaise.
Note: Also you could have this sandwich without baking.