Rava Payasam is a simple dessert. This is one of the easy simplest dessert recipe for any festive occasions. It is simple sweet recipe that comes together with minimal ingredients but does constant stirring to avoid lumps and achieve smooth finish. Also its flavoured with cardamom and roasted nuts and raisins. Also this can be offered to God in times of festivals.
- Full fat milk – ½ litre
- Rava / Sooji / Semolina – 3 tbsp
- Sugar – ½ cup
- Cashew nuts – 10 nos
- Raisins – 5 nos
- Ghee – 2 tbsp
- Cardamom powder – ½ tsp
- Boil the milk and put it in sim. Let it reduce to half of the quantity.
- Heat ghee in a kadai. Fry cashew nuts and raisins till they turn golden brown. Keep it aside.
- Fry rava in the same ghee, till they turn golden brown.
- Put the rava into the milk and stir constantly, so that no lumps are formed.
- When the rava got cooked, put the cashew nuts, raisins, cardamom powder and sugar.
- Stir till the sugar gets dissolved.
- Remove from fire and serve hot.