This chicken curry goes out good with Idli, dosa and chapathi
- Chicken – ½ kg
- Coconut – 2 tbsp
- Onions – 2 nos
- Red chillies – 5 nos
- Black Peppercorns – 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Garlic – 5 cloves
- Ginger – 1 “ inch stick
- Coriander seeds – 1 tsp
- Cloves – 2 nos
- Cinnamon – 1 “ inch bark
- Star Anise – 1 no
- Methi seeds – ¼ tsp
- Tomato – 1 no
- Mustard seeds – ¼ tsp
- Fennel seeds – 1 tsp
- Poppy seeds – ½ tsp
- Curry leaves – a strand
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Dry roast coconut, red chillies, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, garlic, ginger, cloves, cinnamon, star anise, methi seeds, peppercorns, fennel seeds and poppy seeds. Leave it to cool.
- Grind them to fine paste by adding little water.
- Finely chop onions into small pieces and tomato to medium size.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Put mustard and curry leaves, wait till they crackle.
- Put onions and fry till they are golden brown.
- Pour in the paste and salt. Fry them till the raw smell goes off.
- Put the chicken and fry them for 5 mins.
- Pour in the water and allow it to boil.
- Put tomatoes and cover with the lid. Allow the chicken to cook.
- Remove from fire, when the chicken is cooked.
Serve hot with Idli, dosa, appam, idiyappam, chapathi and so on.
wow !! looks delicious deepa…
Thanks Preethi 🙂
Chicken with idli and dosa? I have never tried it. However, did manage to make BBQ idli once and my Malayali neighbour went ballistic!!
Hahaa. Try it out, nowadays you get the batter packed in all asian shops and also you get microwave idli steamer. so you could try 🙂
Making idli and dosa is no problem. I am talking about this rather unusual combination 😉
This is an traditional combination in TamilNadu 🙂