This chicken curry goes out good with Idli, dosa and chapathi
- Chicken – ½ kg
- Coconut – 2 tbsp
- Onions – 2 nos
- Red chillies – 5 nos
- Black Peppercorns – 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Garlic – 5 cloves
- Ginger – 1 “ inch stick
- Coriander seeds – 1 tsp
- Cloves – 2 nos
- Cinnamon – 1 “ inch bark
- Star Anise – 1 no
- Methi seeds – ¼ tsp
- Tomato – 1 no
- Mustard seeds – ¼ tsp
- Fennel seeds – 1 tsp
- Poppy seeds – ½ tsp
- Curry leaves – a strand
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Dry roast coconut, red chillies, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, garlic, ginger, cloves, cinnamon, star anise, methi seeds, peppercorns, fennel seeds and poppy seeds. Leave it to cool.
- Grind them to fine paste by adding little water.
- Finely chop onions into small pieces and tomato to medium size.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Put mustard and curry leaves, wait till they crackle.
- Put onions and fry till they are golden brown.
- Pour in the paste and salt. Fry them till the raw smell goes off.
- Put the chicken and fry them for 5 mins.
- Pour in the water and allow it to boil.
- Put tomatoes and cover with the lid. Allow the chicken to cook.
- Remove from fire, when the chicken is cooked.
Serve hot with Idli, dosa, appam, idiyappam, chapathi and so on.