Traditionally stock is made by simmering various ingredients in water. Chicken stock is made by simmering chicken with some vegetables and herbs. This takes long time, it takes about 3-4 hrs. We can make this in a large amount and can refrigerate for about 3 months.
- Chicken(with bones) – ¼ kg
- Carrot – 1 no
- Garlic – 3 cloves
- Coriander leaves – ½ bunch
- Onion – 1 no
- Black peppercorns – 1 tsp
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Water – 6 cups
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Roughly chop the onions, carrot, coriander leaves. Pound the peppercorns.
- Take all the ingredients in a heavy bottomed sauce pan with 6 cups of water and bring to boil.
- Cover with the lid. Simmer the stove for about 2 hrs.
- Remove the chicken and vegetables. Strain the stock.