When the climate changes, there are few changes in our body, which starts with certain health issues like cold, fever and so on. According to the proverb, “Prevention is better than cure” – we could try to prevent us from certain health issues before infection. So whenever the weather gets chill, I use to prepare some medicines at home for all of us including kids. When we are about to give for kids the quantity of the ingredients should be reduced to half the quantity of given below.
- Betel leaf – 1 no
- Dried Ginger (crushed) – ½ tsp
- Garlic (crushed) – 2 nos
- Karunjeeragam / Kalonji / Black caraway seeds – 1 tsp
- Omum / Ajwain / Caraway seeds – ½ tsp
- Panakarkandu / Palm sugar (crushed) – 1 tbsp
- Boil 1 ½ cup of water in a sauce pan.
- Take out only the stalk from the betel leaf.
- Now put all the ingredients including the stalk of betel leaf and cover with the lid.
- Allow it to boil for 5 mins.
- Remove from the fire. Drain it and drink hot.
This relieves us from cold, indigestion and also body pain.
Note: The quantity mentioned here is for adults and for kids cut down half of the quantity. Do not use if you are allergic to any of the given ingredients.