Being alone in a nuclear family, makes me feel uncomfortable at times mostly when I am sick. Even I have some happiness at these, that’ not something but what I long forever – My hubby’s care. At these time he cooks for me, I heard he cooks well from his friends, but only on these days he use to cook neither he pretends as though he doesn’t know to identify all the spice powders :D. This was one of his favourite and well versed recipe with chicken cooked in yogurt. This recipe looks very simple, but the taste and aroma of this recipe was too good. Especially I could feel the love, affection and so on in this recipe…
- Chicken – ½ kg
- Curd / yogurt – ½ cup
- Onions – 2 nos
- Coriander leaves – a handful
- Mint leaves – a handful
- Coriander powder – 2 tsp
- Chilli powder – 1 ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Garam masala – 2 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 3 tsp
- Lemon juice – 3 tsp
- Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
- Curry leaves – a strand
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 2 tbsp
Making of Curd chicken / Thayir chicken / Yogurt chicken –
- Clean and wash the chicken.
- Finely chop onions, coriander leaves and mint leaves to fine pieces.
- Take chicken in a bowl, put salt, turmeric powder and lemon juice. Mix it with hands and leave it for 5 mins.
- Put coriander leaves, mint leaves, chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala and Mix it with hands and leave it for ½ an hour.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Put cumin seeds and curry leaves, wait till they crackle.
- Put ginger garlic paste and fry till the raw smell goes off.
- Put the onions and fry them till the turn transparent.
- Put the chicken along withhis goes out the marinate masala and stir them for abt 5 mins.
- Cover with the lid and wait till they chicken is cooked. Mean while stir the chicken for every 5 mins.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
This goes out well with steamed rice and any variety rice.