Sweet, delicious coffee cake with a rich crumble topping, taste as great as morning treat or afternoon snack. It is great for all occasions and tastes amazing. Coffee cake means here it doesn’t mean the cake is given with coffee but the cake is made with black coffee
- All purpose flour / Maida – 1 ¾ cup
- Eggs – 3 nos
- Butter – ¾ cup
- Black coffee – 1 cup
- Powdered sugar – 1 cup
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Baking soda – 1 tsp
- Sieve flour, baking powder and baking soda, all together in a bowl.
- Melt the butter and beat butter and sugar in a bowl.
- Break in the eggs to the butter and beat them, till they become fluffy.
- Preheat the microwave to 180 degree c.
- Pour in the black coffee to it and beat them gently.
- Put the flour little by little and beat them gently.
- Grease the baking tray and pour the batter to it and bake for 10 mins in 180 degree C.
Nutty Crumb topping: After finishing the coffee cake, I have been wondered about the makeover of the cake and finally decided to makeover with nutty crumb topping, which is crunchy when baked and its grainy texture contracts nicely with the coffee cake. Ingredients:
- Walnuts / Pecans – 15 nos
- Powdered sugar – 3 tsp
- Ground cinnamon – ¾ tsp
- All purpose flour / Maida – 1 tbsp
- Instant coffee powder – ½ tsp
- Butter – 1 tsp
- Place the nuts on a baking sheet and bake for 8 to 10 mins or until fragrant or lightly browned.
- Let cool and then coarsely chop them.
- In a small bowl, stir together the nuts, sugar, ground cinnamon, butter and flour. Set aside for 15 mins.
- Now sprinkle the nuts on the top of the cake. Finally sprinkle instant coffee powder on the top of the nuts.