Payasam or kheer is something which most of us like and can also be offered to God. So mainly these dishes are done during festivals as an offering to god. Me to travelling the same line, did this for Vinayagar Chaturthi. Already I have posted a poha payasam / Poha kheer recipe for Krishna Jayanthi, but this is something different from that and also was delicious. I made this with jaggery, crushed the poha and used coconut milk.
CLICK HERE for Krishna Jayanthi recipes.
- Poha / Flattened rice – 3 tbsp
- Ghee – 2 tbsp
- Milk – ½ litre
- Thick coconut milk – ½ cup
- Cashews – 2 tbsp
- Raisins / Kishmish – 1 tbsp
- Jaggery – ¾ cup or 3 tbsp
- Heat ghee in a kadai and add in poha and fry it little.
- Take it in a blender and make it to a coarse powder.
- Fry cashews and raisins in the ghee and Drain it.
- Heat milk in a kadai, bring it to boil and add the poha to it.
- Cook until the poha gets cooked.
- Add jaggery and mix well. Bring it to boil and mix well.
- Add the fried cashew and raisins and mix well.
- Add in the coconut milk and switch of the flame.
Serve hot or cold.