Chickpeas are healthy and are also delicious. They have buttery texture, when boiled and fried it adds on more taste to the food. This can be served as breakfast and also evening snack. It contains too much of protein and also helps in weight loss. Most commonly this is done as an offering to Lord Vinayaga on Vinayagar chaturthi and Goddess Saraswathi on Saraswathi puja.
- Black Chickpeas – 1 cup
- Mustard seeds – ¼ tsp
- Split Blackgram – ¼ tsp
- Red chillies – 3 nos
- Curry leaves – a strand
- Salt to taste
- Grated Coconut – 2 tbsp
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Soak the chickpeas overnight.
- Boil the chickpeas. Be careful it should be boiled but should not be mashed.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Put mustard, blackgram, curry leaves and red chillies.
- Put chickpeas and salt. Fry them for 5 mins till the raw smell leaves off.
- Put the coconut and fry them for 5 mins till the raw smell goes off.