Kozhukattai’s are nothing but steamed rice flour balls. There are many varieties of these kozhukattai’s and also they come in different taste. Here I have made kozhukattai with Bengal gram/ gram and jaggery stuffing, which is prepared mainly as an offering Lord Vinayaga on Vinayagar Chaturthi.
- Rice flour – 1 cup
- Water – 1 ¼ cup
- Salt – a pinch
- Ghee – 2 tsp
- Bengal gram / Gram / Kadala paruppu – 1 cup
- Jaggery – ½ cup
- Cardamom powder – 1 tsp
- First moving for the filling: Boil the Bengal gram / gram, it should be 80% cooked.
- Crush the jaggery and mix the jaggery with Bengal gram and mash them or pulse in the mixie.
- Make them into ball and keep aside.
- Boil water in a kadai and switch off the flame.
- Put the flour little by little and start mixing them with a pinch of salt. Be sure that no lumps are formed.
- Roll them into small balls and flattened them a little.
- Keep the gram balls in the middle and fold the flour to cover the ball and make it to cone shape.
- Now steam those cone shape kozhukattai in a steamer for about 10 -15 mins.
Serve hot or warm.