“Hasselback potatoes” – When I came across the name through one of my blogger friend, Preethi. I was pulled towards the recipe, since my kids loves baked and fried potatoes. Coming to the name – It is derived from the restaurant where they were introduced in the 1940s, Hasselbacken in Stockholm, Sweden.
Here the potatoes are sliced thinly and rubbed with the masalas and baked. The masalas, I have used here are authentic Indian masalas. Medium sized potatoes work best.
- Potatoes – 3 nos(medium sized)
- Oil – 3 tsp
- Pepper powder – 1 tsp
- Cumin powder – 2 tsp
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Garlic – 4 cloves (finely minced)
- Garam masala – 2 tsp
- Curry leaves – a strand
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C.
- Peel the potatoes and slice the potatoes from one end, but do not slice on the whole.
- Mix all the spice powders
- Arrange the potatoes in a baking tray.
- Rub the masalas all over the potatoes.
- Spread the finely chopped garlic and curry leaves on and in between the slits.
- Drop oil on the potatoes and bake it for 15 mins.