Coming to Mutton, all its spare parts have different and delicious taste, flavor and aroma. Already I have updated one recipe with Mutton bones and this one is the another version of this mutton bones curry, which taste completely different than the first version.
- Mutton / Lamb bones – ½ kg
- Shallots – 15 nos
- Green chilli – 4 nos
- Ginger – garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Tomatoes – 2 nos
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Cinnamon – 1 inch
- Cloves – 2 nos
- Coconut pieces – 2 tbsp
- Black Peppercorns – 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Poppy seeds – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Grind the coconut, black pepper, cumin seeds, poppy seeds to fine paste by adding little water.
- Finely chop the shallots / onion, tomatoes and slit the green chillies.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker. Put cinnamon, cloves and ginger-garlic paste and sauté till the raw smell goes off.
- Put the shallots/onions and fry till they become transparent.
- Put the tomatoes and fry till they become mushy.
- Put the bones and all the spice powders followed with the sambhar powder and salt.
- Saute them for 3 mins and then pour in the grounded paste and sauté till the raw smell goes off.
- Pour in a cup of water and allow to boil.
- Cover the pressure cooker and wait for 3 whistles.
Serve hot with steamed rice , idli and dosa.
Making of Mutton Bones Curry / Elumbu Kulambu: