A Marble cake is a cake with a streaked or mottled appearance achieved by very lightly blending light and dark batter. It can be a mixture of vanilla and chocolate cake, sometimes can also made with strawberry and vanilla cake.
- Maida/All purpose flour – 2 ½ cups
- Sugar – 2 cups
- Warm milk – 1 cup
- Cooking oil – ¾ cup
- Eggs – 4 nos
- Baking powder – 2 tsp
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Cocoa powder – ½ cup
- Sieve madia and baking powder.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degree.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs and sugar for about a minute till it get thickens.
- Add milk, oil, vanilla essence and beat for a minute.
- Add flour little by little and beat for another few minutes, so that the batter is smooth and creamy. Don’t over beat.
- Take half of the batter in another bowl and with the other half of the batter, sieve the cocoa powder and stir in gently.
- Grease the baking tray.
- Scoop the both the batter with the spoon one by one(alternatively).
- Finally make a streak with the tooth pick.
- Bake for about 10 mins and a tooth pick poked into the center comes out clean.
- Now transfer it to a plate.