Coming to vegetarian, when I prepare any type of variety rice, the first and foremost ingredient which comes to my mind for gravy or curry is the mushroom. Already I have posted to two mushroom gravies one is with the combination of coconut and the other one with all Indian spices, now I have tried with cashew paste, which was delicious and yummy. The aroma, texture and the taste of the gravy was awesome.
- Onion – 2 nos
- Tomato – 2 nos
- Ginger-garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Mushroom – 200 gm
- Cashew nuts – 10 nos
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Chilli powder – 1 ½ tsp
- Coriander powder – 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Finely chop onions and tomatoes.
- Heat water in a sauce pan, soak the mushrooms for 5 mins. Drain the water and chop a mushroom into 2 or 3 pieces.
- Soak cashewnuts in water for 10 mins and grind them to fine paste by adding little water.
- Heat oil in kadai. Put cardamom, cloves, cinnamon and star anise. Fry for 2 mins.
- Put the ginger-garlic paste and sauté till the raw smell goes off.
- Put the onions and fry till they turn golden brown, followed by tomatoes and fry till they become mushy.
- Put the mushrooms and all the spice powders with salt. Saute them for few mins.
- Pour in half a cup of water and cover with the lid, wait till the mushrooms is cooked.
- Pour in the cashew paste and allow it to boil. Keep in low flame, till the raw smell goes off.
- Remove from fire when the gravy thickens.