Everyone may wonder when you read the name of this recipe, pichipottadhu means finely minced with hands. This was Huuby’s suprise recipe for me :). This recipe is derived from the leftover chicken from the chicken stock. After getting the chicken stock, the chicken in stock is kept aside or not used but we could also use those chicken. Check out this recipe, to use this leftover chicken from the stock …
- Chicken pieces from chicken stock – ¼ kg
- Onion – 2 nos
- Tomatoes – 1 no
- Pepper powder – 1 tsp
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Coriander powder – 2 tsp
- Garam masala – 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves – a handful
- Curry leaves – a string
- Mustard seeds – ¼ tsp
- Cumin seeds – ¼ tsp
- Green chilli – 1 no
- Garlic – 5 cloves
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Mince the chicken to small pieces with the hands.
- Finely chop the onions, garlic, tomatoes and coriander leaves. Slit the green chilli.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Put mustard, cumin seeds, green chilli and curry leaves, wait till they splutter.
- Put the onions and garlic, fry them till they become transparent.
- Put the tomato and fry till they become mushy.
- Put the chicken, all the spice powders with salt.
- Fry them till the chicken gets done with the masala.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
Serve hot. I have served this with Mughalai chicken briyani.