Everyday there is a struggle for me to select the dish which is to be cooked. As usual today also thinking the same what to cook for breakfast – Opened my fridge and found Pumpkin. So planned to prepare breakfast with pumpkin as a main ingredient and finally decided to prepare pumpkin pan cake.
- Pumpkin puree – 6 tbsp
- Wheat – 1 ½ cup
- Baking powder – 2 tsp
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Sugar – 3 tbsp
- Cinnamon powder – ½ tsp
- Clove powder – ¼ tsp
- Ginger powder – ½ tsp
- Milk – 1 cup
- Butter (melted) – 2 tbsp
- For Pumpkin puree: Finely chop the pumpkins to pieces and boil them till they are tender. Drain the water and let the pumpkin cool. Grind to smooth paste.
- In a bowl, take all the dry ingredients and mix them together.
- Now pour in all the liquid ingredients to the bowl and mix them with hands. Be sure that lumps are formed. Add more milk if the batter is thick.
- Heat oil / Butter in a tawa. Scoop the batter with the spoon and drizzle oil/butter to the sides and swap the sides to get cooked.
- Keep in medium flame, so that it won’t get burned.
Serve hot with Jaggery dip or butter. This goes out well for breakfast or snack.