Semiya Payasam / Vermicelli Kheer is one of the autheentic and traditional tamil recipe which is commonly prepared for all special occasions and festivals as an offering to God. Let me share the recipe…
- Vermicelli / Semiya – 3 tbsp
- Milk – ½ litre
- Cardamom powder – ½ tsp
- Sugar – ¾ cup
- Cashew nuts – 10 nos
- Rasins – 8 nos
- Badam powder – 1 ½ tsp (optional)
Making of Semiya / Vermicelli Payasam —
- Boil the milk and keep in low flame, till the milk reduces to half the quantity.
- Roast semiya/vermicelli in ghee till its golden brown.
- Roast cashew nuts and raisins in ghee.
- Put the semiya to the milk and wait till it’s cooked.
- Put the cardamom powder, suagar and badam powder. Stir it well.
- Put the roasted cashew nuts and raisins and wait for a min and remove from the stove.
Serve hot as dessert in lunch or snack/appetizer or can also be served as an offering to god during festivals.