A cake with musk melon puree. Musk melon have a orange coloured flesh and its high in dietary fiber. It is a perfect summer drink. Here I have used its puree to bake a cake. This cake is very moist and flavorful with melon taste.
- All purpose flour / Maida – 1 ½ cup
- Baking powder – 2 tsp
- Powdered sugar – 1 cup
- Salt – a pinch
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Muskmelon puree – 1 cup
- Egg – 2 nos
- Butter – 1 cup
- Take ¼ of the muskmelon and blend without water, for puree and keep aside.
- Sieve flour along with the baking powder. Keep aside. Sieve powdered sugar and keep aside.
- Beat butter and sugar, till fluffy. Pour in the vanilla essence, muskmelon puree and salt, beat well.
- Add the eggs one by one and beat well till they are fluffy.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree C.
- Add the flour little by little and stir in gently. Don’t over beat.
- Grease the baking tray and pour in the batter.
- Bake it for about 10 mins at 180 degree C.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool.
- Butter – 1 cup
- Powdered sugar – 3 cup
- Vanilla essence – 2 tsp
- Cantaloupe / Muskmelon puree – 3 tbsp
- Cantaloupe slices – for topping
- Bring the butter to room temperature, put the butter, sugar in a bowl and beat them well in high speed for 5 mins.
- Put the vanilla essence and cantaloupe puree and stir in with the butter.
- Keep in refrigerator for few mins.
- When the cake is cooled, spread the frosting on the cake.
- Cut the cake into slices and top it with cantaloupe slices and serve them.
I have never heard of a muskmelon, but this definitely looks so good Ddeeppaa!
Yeah Lori, No words for the texture of this cake. Yummm…
Deeps full of baking going on…. yum yum
Hehee Had muskmelon, mu daughter loves cake. So opted Muskmelon cake 😉
Must be a yummy one.Kids love cakes def
Really. Also healthy 🙂