- Dry fish – 50 gm
- Onion – 1 nos
- Mustard seeds – ¼ tsp
- Split blackgram – ¼ tsp
- Curry leaves – a string
- Red chillies – 3 nos (pinched)
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Oil – 3 tsp
- Bring water to boil in a pan. Remove from fire and put the dry fish for abt 5 mins.
- Drain and remove the fish separately. Chop them roughly.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Put mustard seeds, blackgram, red chillies and curry leaves. Wait till it splutters.
- Put the onions, turmeric powder and fry them till they are transparent.
- Put the chopped dryfish and sauté them, till the raw smell goes off and they are cooked.
Serve hot. Goes well with steamed rice.