Methi chicken is a prepared with sun-dried methi and chicken. It is simple and delicious. It can be served as side dish with any Indian bread or rice.
- Onions – 3 nos
- Chicken – ¾ kg (with bones)
- Tomato – 2 nos
- Ginger – 1 “ inch stick
- Garlic – 6 cloves
- Coriander leaves – a bunch
- Methi leaves – 3 tbsp
- Bay leaf – 2 nos
- Cloves – 2 nos
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Chilli powder – 1 ½ tsp
- Cumin powder – 2 tsp
- Garam masala – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oi l – 2 tbsp
- Clean and cut the chicken into medium pieces.
- Finely chop onions, tomatoes, garlic, ginger and coriander leaves.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Put bay leaf and cloves, wait till it crackle.
- Put the ginger and garlic, fry till the raw smell goes off.
- Put the onions and fry till golden brown, followed by tomatoes till they become mushy.
- Put in chicken, turmeric powder, chilli powder, cumin powder, garam masala, salt, coriander leaves and methi leaves.
- Saute them till the chicken is half cooked.
- Pour in a cup of water and allow them to boil. Cover with the lid till they are cooked.
- Remove the lid and put in low flame, wait till the oil separates.
- Transfer to a bowl and garnish with coriander leaves.
Serve hot with any Indian breads or with any variety rice. I have accompained this with Egg rice.