This is one of my favorite rice, with all spices. One of my neighbor used to prepare this rice for me from my childhood. Since I have moved very far from my hometown, I have started preparing myself for me and my hubby :), now my kids to loved the dish :). Give a try, something different which everyone would love to have.
- Eggs – 4 nos
- Onions – 2 nos
- Green chillies – 2 nos
- Curry leaves – a string
- Steamed rice – 3 cups
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 3 tsp
- Mustard seeds – ¼ tsp
- Fenugreek / Methi seeds – ¼ tsp
- Cumin – ¼ tp
- Split black gram – ¼ tsp
- Finely slice the onions, slit the green chillies.
- Heat oil in a kadai, Put all the spices and curry leaves, wait till they crackle.
- Put the green chillies and sauté them for a while, then put the onions and fry them till turn golden brown.
- Now put the rice, give a stir and break in the eggs and stir them well.
- Sprinkle little salt and stir it well, till the egg is done.
This should be served hot or warm, Egg rice goes out well with any spicy gravy. I have accompained this with Methi chicken.