Already I have posted one of the kohlrabi recipe and this my second one, both are completely different and this one is really yummy. Kohlrabi is good for diabetic, since it produces lots of Insulin.
- Kohlrabi / Nulkal – 2 nos(medium sized)
- Onion – 1 no
- Grated coconut – 2 tbsp
- Fennel – 2 tsp
- Cumin – 1 tsp
- Green chillies – 2 nos
- Mustard seeds – ¼ tsp
- Split blackgram – ¼ tsp
- Curry leaves – a sting
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 3 tsp
- Finely chop the onions and green chillies.
- Chop kohlrabi / Nulkal to medium size.
- Grind coconut, cumin and fennel seeds to fine paste by adding little water.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Put mustard, black gram and curry leaves, wait till it splutter.
- Put the onions and fry till they are golden brown.
- Put the kohlrabi / Nulkal with turmeric powder and salt. Fry them for 5 mins.
- Pour in the grounded paste and sauté till the raw smell goes off.
- Pour in ½ cup of water and cover with the lid. Remove the lid, when the veggies are cooked.
Serve hot with steamed rice and any curry.