One of my favorite and authentic Tamilnadu recipe.
- Mutton / Lamb leg – 4 nos(smoked and chopped)
- Shallots – 10 nos
- Onion – 2 nos
- Tomato – 1 no
- Peppercorns – 10 nos
- Cumin – 4 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Garlic – 6 cloves
- Ginger – 1” inch stick
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 2 tsp
- Coconut milk – ½ cup
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 3 tsp
- Curry leaves – a string
- Finely chop the onion and tomato. Crush cumin and peppercorns. Also crush shallots, garlic and ginger.
- In a pressure cooker, take 2 cups of water, lamb legs, turmeric powder, crushed cumin and peppercorns, crushed shallots, garlic and ginger.
- Pressure cook all these for 5 whistles.
- Heat oil in another pressure cooker, put mustard, cumin and curry leaves. Wait till they splutter.
- Put the onions and fry till they are golden brown, followed by tomato till they become mushy.
- Put all the spice powders and salt. Fry till the raw smell goes off.
- Pour in the boiled lamb leg along with the stock, wait till it boil.
- Pour in the coconut milk and wait for it to boil. Again pressure cook it for 2 whistles.
Serve hot along with steamed rice, idli or dosa.