I make these lamb patties once in a while and everyone in our home loves this dish. I use to serve this dish with sauce or sometimes with rice.
- Minced mutton / Minced lamb – ½ kg
- Boiled potatoes – 2 nos (medium sized)
- Egg – 1 no
- Onion – 1 no
- Cumin powder – ¼ tsp
- Fennel powder – ¼ tsp
- Chilli powder – ½ tsp
- Garam masala – 1 tsp
- Ginger-garlic paste – ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves – a handful
- Oil for frying
- Grind the minced meat in a mixier.
- Finely chop the onions and coriander leaves.
- Transfer the ground mutton to a bowl, put all the spice powders, boiled potatoes, ginger-garlic paste, coriander leaves and salt.
- Mash and mix them well using your hands.
- Beat the egg gently.
- Now roll the mashed mutton to small balls and tap them to make as patties.
- Heat oil in a tawa. Dip the patties in beaten egg and put them on the tawa.
- Cook on low flame, swap the sides and cook till the mutton is done.
Serve hot with sauce or dips.