- White Pomfret fish / Vavval meen varuval – 1 kg
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Garlic – 15 cloves
- Peppercorns – 2 tsp
- Fennel seeds – 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Lemon juice – ½ lemon
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves – two strings
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- Wash, clean and slice the fish into thin slices.
- Grind garlic, peppercorns, fennel and cumin seeds by adding little water.
- Mix all the ingredients such as the grounded paste, turmeric powder, salt, curry leaves and lemon juice.
- Rub the fish slices with the masala and marinate the fish for about an hour.
- Heat oil in a tawa and put the fish slices, one by one and swap both the sides, till they are cooked.
Serve hot with steamed rice or mint chutney.