A soft oatmeal cookies creates a moist and flavorful raisin cookie that will make everyone’s day a little bit better. Also it’s nutritious, since it is packed with oats, dried fruit and chopped nuts.
- Oats – 2 cups
- Brown sugar – ¾ cup
- Egg – 1 no
- Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
- Baking soda – ½ tsp
- Salt – ¼ tsp
- Cinnamon powder – ½ tsp
- Raisins – ½ cup
- Walnuts or Pecans – ½ cup
- Toast the nuts: Place on a tray and keep in microwave high for 4 mins, till it turn light brown and fragant. Let it cool and chop them into pieces.
- Sieve the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon powder. Whisk together.
- In a bowl, beat butter and sugar with the electric mixer until it’s fluffy.
- Add in the egg and brown sugar, beat well t combine.
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C.
- Add in the flour and oats. Mix well.
- Add in the nuts and raisins. Stir well.
- Roll the dough to small balls and take them in your palm, tap them like patties.
- Keep them on the butter paper and bake them for 6 mins or until the edges turn light brown, still soft in centre.
- Transfer them to a wire rack or plate to cool and store them in airtight container when it comes to room temperature.