Already I have posted one more recipe with this Lamb head / Aatu thalakari, this is something different from that. Click this to check Lamb head curry / Aatu thalakari – 1
- Lamb head – ½ kg
- Onions – 2 nos
- Tomato – 1 no
- Ginger-garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 2 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Coconut milk – ½ cup(thick milk)
- Salt to taste
- Gingelly oil – 3 tsp
- Mustard seeds – ¼ tsp
- Split blackgram – ¼ tsp
- Curry leaves – a string
- Finely chop the onions, garlic and tomatoes.
- Clean and cut the Lamb head to small pieces.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker. Put mustard, blackgram and curry leaves.
- Put onions, garlic and fry till they are transparent.
- Put tomatoes and fry till they become mushy.
- Put the head pieces, all the spice powders, salt and fry them for awhile till the raw smell goes off.
- Pour in a cup of water and the coconut milk. Allow it to boil.
- Cover the cooker with the lid and wait for 3 whistles.
Serve hot with steamed rice or Dosa.