Mushroom sandwich is made with the mixture of mushrooms and a blend of spices. Goes out well for breakfast and snacks.
- Olive oil / Cooking oil – 1 tbsp
- Mushrooms – 100 gms
- Cloves – 3
- Fennel seeds – 1 ½ tsp
- Cumin – 1 tsp
- Black peppercorns – 1 tsp
- Onions – 1 ½ no
- Tomato – 1 no
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Bread Slices – a loaf
- Butter – 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Put mushroom in hot water for 5 mins, then drain and start cooking.
- Finely chop onions, tomatoes and mushrooms.
- Grind fennel, peppercorns and cumin to powder.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Put onions and fry till they are transparent.
- Put the grounded powder and fry for a minute.
- Put tomatoes, turmeric powder and fry till they are mushy.
- Put mushrooms, salt and fry for few mins.
- Now spread butter on the bread slice and keep the mushroom masala. Spread it.
- Now again spread butter on another bread slice and cover it over the mushroom masala.
- Now toss it in the sandwich toaster.
Serve hot with Mayonnaise or Tomato sauce.