- Lady’s finger – ½ kg
- Onion – 1 no
- Mustard seeds – ¼ kg
- Split blackgram – ¼ kg
- Curry leaves – a string
- Turmeric powder – ¼ kg
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 2 tbp
- Clean and finely chop the lady’s finger into small pieces
- Peel and finely chop the onions into small pieces.
- Heat oil in a kadai, add mustard, split blackgram and curry leaves. Wait till they crackle.
- Add the onions and fry till they become transparent.
- Add the lady’s finger and fry them till they release a gum like texture.
- Add the turmeric powder, chili powder, cumin powder and salt. Fry them till the lady’s finger is cooked.
Serve hot as side dish with steamed rice.