Shahi egg curry is a spicy and creamy curry made with dried kasuri methi. This curry is easy and also requires little time for preparation. There many ways through which we make these Shahi recipe, but this one is most easy among all, but the taste remains the same.
I have accompained this Shahi Egg curry with Coconut milk rice.
- Eggs – 5 nos
- Onion – 3 nos
- Garlic – 6 pods
- Green chillies – 1 no
- Ginger – 1 inch stick
- Kasuri methi – 1 tbsp
- Garam masala – 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder – ½ tsp
- Fresh cream – 1 tbsp
- Yogurt / Curd – 2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Red colour powder – a pinch
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Water – ½ cup
- Roughly chop the onions. Hard boil the eggs and shell them out.
- Grind the onions, garlic, ginger and green chillies to a smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Pour in the paste and sauté them, till the raw smell goes and it turns to light brown colour.
- Whisk the curd and cream, pour it in the kadai. Saute them till the raw smell goes off.
- Now add turmeric powder, chilli powder, garam masala, salt and pour in a ½ cup of water and boil for 10 mins.
- Put a pinch of red colour and give a stir. Make slit in the boiled eggs and put them in the gravy.
- Cover and cook it for a while, till the oil floats on the top of the gravy.
wow a surely tempting egg curry
Give a try 🙂
Looks tempting 🙂