Cauliflower parathas are crispy and delicious which everyone love to have. Whole wheat flour and cauliflower make this dish a nutritious one.
Benefits of Cauliflower: It fights against cancer, rich in Vitamins and Minerals which helps in boosting the brain health, Calcium and magnesium content helps in bone health, High amount of anti-oxidants helps in destroying free radicals that accelerate the signs of aging particularly in/on the skin.
- Cauliflower – 1 no (medium sized)
- Onion – 1 no (medium sized)
- Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
- Green chillies – 2 nos
- Garam masala – 1 tsp
- Wheat flour – 3 cups
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Take the wheat flour in a bowl, pour in a cup of water little by little and mix the flour with the dough and roll together to a dough. Pour in 1 ½ tbsp of oil and cover it with a wet cloth for an hour.
- Finely chop the onions, green chillies and separate the cauliflower to small florets.
- Boil two cups of water in a sauce pan and put the cauliflower florets with little salt. Cover with the lid and allow boiling for 5 mins.
- Drain the water from the cauliflower and keep it aside.
- Heat 2 tsp of oil in a kadai. Put cumin seeds and wait till it crackles.
- Put the tiny pieces of cauliflower florets and sprinkle salt, garam masala. Fry it till the raw smell goes off and the cauliflower become dry.
- Now take those florets and coarsely grind them.
- Roll the dough into ball (apple size), then flatten those balls and keep a spoonful of cauliflower masala. Again make it to a ball.
- Spread wheat flour on a flat table, keep those stuffed balls in between the flour and flatten them.
- Heat oil on a tawa and put these paratha one by one, drizzle oil on the sides of the paratha and cook them by swapping the sides.
Serve hot with tomato chutney and raita or plain yogurt/curd. I have accompained this with the Tomato chutney.