Green mung bean sundal is good for breakfast. It is mostly prepared on occasions like navarathiri, offered to god and then to the people those who come to our house on that day. Green mung beans have too many health benefits and few of them are
- It relieves from constipation.
- Improves the strength of hair and nails.
- Consuming a small amount of mung beans daily reduces the heart disease.
- It contains large amount of lecithin which reduces liver fat and regulates normal function of liver.
- They are low in calories and rich in proteins and fiber.
- Green Mung bean / Pasiparuppu – 200 gm
- Grated coconut – 3 tbsp
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Mustard seeds – ¼ tsp
- Split blackgram – ¼ tsp
- Curry leaves – a string
- Red chillies – 3 nos
- Salt to taste
- Boil green mung bean, it should be boiled but should not be mashed.
- Drain the water and keep the bean aside.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Put the mustard, blackgram, red chillies and curry leaves. Wait till they crackle.
- Put the mung beans and fry them for few mins and then put the grated coconut with little salt, continue frying till the water evaporates and it becomes dry.
Serve hot. It can be served for breakfast, snack and appetizer.
Thanks for a reminder of why we should eat more green mung beans, and giving us this delicious recipe.
My pleasure 🙂