Broad beans are also known as Field beans, horse beans and also Windsor beans. It is packed with health benefits and few of them are:
- Promotes heart health
- Rich in nutrients
- The larger amount of amino acids in it, makes us happy by enhancing the mood and reduce depressive disorders.
- The iron content in it, is mainly responsible for moving oxygen through the lungs to many other cells.
This broad beans stir fry is easy and takes little time to prepare. Also it tastes delicious when served with sambhar and curd rice. Let us move on to the recipe…
- Broad beans/Avarakkai – ½ kg
- Onion – 1 no(medium sized)
- Mustard seeds – ¼ tsp
- Split black gram – ¼ tsp
- Curry leaves – a string
- Grated coconut – 2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Cumin powder – ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Chop the onion into fine pieces and chop the broad beans by removing the string in the sides.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Pour oil, put mustard, blackgram and curry leaves to it. Wait till they crackle.
- Put the onion and fry them till they turn transparent.
- Put the broadbeans/avarakkai, followed with all the spice powder and salt.
- Fry them till the raw smell goes off. Pour in half a cup of water, cover with the lid and allow cooking.
- Remove the lid, when it’s done and put the grated coconut, fry for few mins till the beans become become dry and coconut turns to light brown colour and leaves it raw smell.