I love to have Payasam/kheer with any ingredients. This is served as a dessert in all south Indian function, mostly during marriages this is a must in Tamil nadu. There are too many varieties of payasam and I got few of them in my blog, now this is with the raw rice. Let us move on to the recipe…
- Raw rice/Pacharisi – 3 tbsp
- Milk – ¾ litre
- Sugar – 6 tbsp
- Cardamom powder – 1 tsp
- Ghee – 1 tbsp
- Cashew nuts – 10 nos
- Raisins – 8 nos
- Boil the raw rice and coarsely mash them.
- Boil milk in a sauce pan. Keep in sim till it reduces to half the amount.
- Put in the cardamom powder, mashed rice and give them a stir. Allow it to boil till the rice blends well with the milk.
- Heat ghee in a tadka, put cashew nuts and raisins and fry them till golden brown.
- Pour it to the milk and allow it boil for 5 mins.
Garnish with chopped and fried cashewnuts.