Mutton kheema masala is the blend of minced meat and few Indian spices. This goes out well with poori, roti and steamed rice.
- Minced meat – 250 gms
- Onions – 3 nos(medium sized)
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Red chillies – 4 nos
- Shahi Jeera – ½ tsp
- Coriander seeds – 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Fennel seeds – 1 tsp
- Garlic – 6 cloves
- Ginger – 1 “ inch stick
- Cardamom – 1 no
- Peppercorns – ½ tsp
- Cloves – 3 nos
- Cinnamon – 1”inch bark
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Heat a tsp of oil in a kadai. Put cumin, fennel, coriander seeds, red chilli, cloves, shahi jeera, cinnamon, cardamom, peppercorns, ginger and garlic. Fry them till the raw smell goes off.
- Bring them to room temperature and grind it to fine paste by adding little water.
- Finely chop the onions.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker, put ¼ tsp of cumin seeds and curry leaves. Wait till they crackle.
- Put the onions and fry till they are transparent.
- Put the minced meat, turmeric powder and salt. Stir them well, till the mutton changes the colour.
- Pour in the ground masala and stir them, till the raw smell goes off.
- Pour in a cup of water and wait till it boils. Pour in the lemon juice.
- Cover with the lid and wait for 4 whistles.
- After releasing the pressure, transfer it to a bowl and garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves.