Bored of cooking lamb liver following the traditional recipe, thought of doing something different. Found out some mushrooms lying in the refrigerator, so planned to make a dish combining mushrooms and liver. This liver and mushroom stir fry was done by using the ingredients which came to my mind by that time of cooking. It was really delicious and awesome.
- Lamb liver – ¼ kg
- Button Mushroom – 200 gm
- Oil – 3 tsp
- Cinnamon – a bark
- Cloves – 3 nos
- Curry leaves – a string
- Onions – 3 nos(medium sized)
- Green chilli – 1 no
- Garlic – 5 cloves
- Ginger – 1” inch stick
- Chilli powder – 1 ½ tsp
- Yogurt/curd – 1 tbsp
- Cumin powder – 1 ½ tsp
- Garam masala – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Wash and clean the liver. Chop them into small pieces. Take liver, yogurt/curd, a tsp of chilli powder and garam masala in a bowl, mix them and marinade for 20 mins.
- Wash the mushrooms in running water. Boil water in a bowl. Remove from the flame and soak the mushrooms in the water for 10 mins. Drain and chop the mushrooms into small pieces.
- Finely chop the onions and crush ginger and garlic using mortar.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Add cinnamon, cloves, green chilli, ginger, garlic and curry leaves. Wait till the ginger-garlic turn golden brown.
- Add the onions and fry them till they turn golden brown. Add the mushrooms, ½ tsp of chilli powder, cumin powder and salt. Stir them nicely for about 5 mins, cover and cook for 5 mins.
- Add the marinated liver and fry for few for mins. Pour in a cup of water, cover with the lid and allow it to cook for 10 mins.
- Once cooked, remove the lid and switch to medium flame to make the gravy dry.
- Add the coriander leaves and give a stir. Transfer it to a bowl.