Potato is one of the vegetable which everyone loves from kids till elder people. I have planned to make a potato fry with the blend of cumin seeds and chilli powder. This is an easy and less time consuming recipe, which best suits for working women and for the mother’s t pack the lunch box.
This goes out well with sambhar, steamed rice combination and also with curd rice.Potatoes are known for their carbohydrates and little protein. This is makes the thin people to gain weight. It is easy to digest and facilitate digestion. It prevents the formation of kidney stoney. Letus move on to the recipe:
- Potatoes – 4(large sized)
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Cumin powder – ½ tsp
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds – ¼ tsp
- Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
- Hing – a pinch
- Curry leaves – a string
- Oil – 4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves – for garnishing
- Wash, peel and chop the potatoes in to cubes(medium sized).
- Heat oil in kadai. Put mustard, cumin seeds and curry leaves. Wait till they crackle.
- Put the potatoes, cumin powder, chilli powder, hing, turmeric powder and salt.
- Fry them by sprinkling little water, whenever they stick to the pan.
- Fry till the potatoes are cooked.
- Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves.