This ragi upma goes well for breakfast. Particularly is Ragi/Finger millet is good for the diabetics people. I prepare this ragi upma once in every three days for breakfast. This can be done with vegetables also, but now I have posted the plain ragi upma recipe. Later will post the vegetable version of this.
The few health benefits with Ragi are they help in weight loss, increases the bone strength, controls diabetics, reduces cholesterol, treats anemia and so on. No let us move on to the recipe…
- Ragi semiya – 1 ½ cup
- Onion – 1 no
- Mustard seeds – ¼ tsp
- Split blackgram – ¼ tsp
- Channa dal – 1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves – a string
- Red chillies – 3 nos(pinched)
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Heat 3 cups of water in a kadai. Put the semiya and allow it to boil. Drain the water and keep the ragi semiya aside.
- Finley chop the onions.
- Heat oil in kadai. Put mustard, blackgram, channa dal and curry leaves. Wait till they crackle.
- Put the onions and fry till they are transparent.
- Put the boiled ragi semiya with little salt. Fry till they become dry.
Serve hot with coconut chutney.