Rava upma is one of the easiest and most common breakfasts among south Indian families. Already I have posted rava upma recipe, but now I am posting vegetable rava upma recipe. I am making this with wheat recipe, which makes the breakfast more healthier. Let us move on to the recipe…
- Wheat Rava/Semolina/Sooji – 1 cup
- Water – 2 ½ cup
- Mustard – ¼ tsp
- Split urad dal – ¼ tsp
- Curry leaves – a string
- Channa dal – ½ tsp
- Red chillies – 3 nos (pinched)
- Salt to taste
- Ghee – 2 tsp
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Onion – 1 no
- Vegetables (carrot, peas, beans, potato) – ½ cup
- Finely chop the onion and vegetables to very small pieces.
- Heat oil and ghee in a kadai. Put mustard, blackgram, channa dal, red chillies and curry leaves. Wait till they crackle.
- Put the onions and fry till they turn golden brown.
- Put the vegetables, little salt and fry them till the raw smell goes off.
- Pour in the water, let it boil. Cover with the lid for 5 mins.
- Put the rava little by little and continue stirring in another hand, else lumps would be formed.
- Keep on stirring till it becomes dry. Switch of the stove when the upma comes to rolling consistency in the kadai.
Serve hot with chutney and sugar.