My first and foremost Diwali preparation starts with this yummy, delicious – “Besan Laddu”, as to the concept sweets to be served first in the feast. Let us move on to the recipe…
- Besan Flour – 3 cups
- Ghee – ¾ cup
- Sugar – 1 ½ cup
- Cardamom powder – ½ tsp
- Almonds and Cashews – ½ cup
- Powder the sugar in mixier and mix cardamom powder to it.
- Dry roast almonds and cashew in a kadai till golden brown. Bring it to room temperature and powder them in a mixer.
- Heat ghee in a kadai, put the besan flour and start roasting them, till the raw smell goes off and they turn light brown in colour.
- Put the ground cashew and almond powder and continue frying, till the raw smell goes off.
- Put the powdered sugar and fry for few mins.
- Transfer the mixture to a plate.
- Pour in some more ghee to the mixture and also rub your hands with ghee and start rolling the mixture to small balls (lemon sized).
Besan Laddu is ready. Once it comes to the room temperature store it in an airtight container.
Note: Roll the mixture into balls when it’s warm, else you cannot roll it to a ball.