Kaju Katli is a rich and very popular sweet that is gifted to friends and relatives during any festive occasions especially during Diwali. This is my second attempt to Kaju katli, it turned out too good. This is 6th dish on my Diwali list. Let us move on to the recipe…
Taking it to Fiesta Friday #141 hosted by Angie@thenovicegarderner.
CLICK HERE for more Diwali sweets and savories recipes.
- Whole cashews – 1 cup
- Sugar – ½ cup
- Water – ¼ cup
- Ghee – for greasing
- Take out the cashews; be sure that the sachws must be at room temperature.
- Grind the cashew to a coarse powder; do not over grind because it becomes sticky since cashew releases oil.
- Spread it in a plate and break out the lumps with your fingers.
- Boil sugar and water in a bowl. Check for the sugar syrup every now and then, it should be in a fine thread consistency.
- Grease a foil paper or take out a butter paper and keep it aside.
- Now add the cashew powder and keep stirring until it forms a thick rolling mixture.
- Put the mixture to the foil or butter paper.
- Cover it with another foil paper and start rolling it to ¼ thicknesses, remove the paper on the top.
- Cut it with sharp knife to the diamond shape. Separate the pieces.
- Bring them to room temperature and store it in an airtight container.