Rava laddu is a traditional Indian sweet suitable for all occasions and festivals. It is a simple and exotic sweet made with Semolina or sooji. I have attempted this the very first time and I am happy for the outcome, it was too good, delicious, yummy and so on. This the 5th snack in my Diwali list. Let us move on to the recipe…
- Fine sooji/Rava – 1 cup
- Sugar – ¾ cup
- Ghee – ¼ cup
- Cardamom powder – 1 tsp
- Broken cashew nuts – 1 ½ tsp
- Heat ghee in a pan and roast the cashew till golden brown. Keep it aside.
- Then add rava and roast it in a tsp of ghee. Keep it aside and allow cooling.
- Grind the rava in the mixie, do not powder it.
- Powder the sugar in mixie and keep it aside.
- Heat ¼ cup of ghee in tadka.
- In a mixing bowl, take rava, sugar, cardamom powder, cashew and pour in the melted ghee little by little and continue mixing all together.
- It will look like bread crumbs and quickly roll it to balls.
Store it in an airtight container, once it comes to room temperature. It can be stored for a week time.