This is one of the easy snack recipes that you can even make it in the last minute once decided. These biscuits are quite addictive, that you can stop munching them when you start. This is can be done also with wheat flour instead of maida.This is my 7th dish on Diwali list. Let us move on to the recipes…
- Maida / All purpose flour – 1 cup
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds – ¼ tp
- Butter – 1 tsp
- Baking soda – a pinch
- Salt – a pinch
- Oil – for deep fry
- In a bowl, take maida/all purpose flour, chilli powder, cumin seeds, salt, soda salt, butter and mix well.
- Pour in water little by little and start kneading to soft dough. It should not be too hard or too loose. Set aside for 15 mins.
- Heat oil in a kadai.
- Take a small portion of the dough and roll it to thin circle. Cut it to diamond shape.
- Put those into the oil and deep fry them.
- Drain it in a tissue paper and repeat the process for further dough also.
Bring it to room temperature and store them in air tight container for a week time.
Note: You can also add sesame seeds with cumin seeds.