Kalakand is one of my favourite which I wanted try from long back, so thought of trying this recipe for this Diwali. Kalakand is one of the most delicious sweet because of its grainy texture, milky flavor and the crunchy pista’s. Let us move on to the recipe…
CLICK HERE for more Diwali / Deepavali sweets and savories and CLICK HERE for more dessert recipes.
- Milk – 1 ¼ litre
- Curd – ½ cup or lemon juice – 1 tbsp
- Condensed milk – 3 tbsp
- Saffron – 1 tsp
- Cardamom powder – 1 tsp
- Pistachios – 8 nos
Making of Kalakand –
- Boil 1 litre milk, when it starts boiling add curd and keep the flame to low. Keep mixing till the water separates.
- Chop the pistachios into fine pieces and crumble saffron into small pieces.
- Keep stirring until the whey separates completely. Filter the whey and collect it in the container. Now collect the panner.
- Wash the panner in the running water and drain the water. There should be no water in the panner.
- Boil ¼ litre milk in a heavy bottomed kadai and keep it in low flame till it reduces to half the quantity.
- Add the panner to the milk, followed with sugar and condensed milk. Keep stirring till it becomes thick and comes to the rolling consistency.
- Pour it in a tray and level it.
- Sprinkle the pistachios and saffron’s.
- Refrigerate it for an hour and then cut into pieces and serve.
They call it milk cake in my city 🙂
Food are same almost everywhere, only the name differs. World is small 🙂 You are from which city? Happy to hear from you Dear 🙂