I have come across this potato recipe, from a t.v program by Jamie oliver. It was very simple, delicious and aromatic. This dish well suits for lunch box because of the very less time consumption and easy for kids to consume in school. Also potatoes are most commonly loved by all of us including kids. Let us move on to the recipe…
- Potatoes – ½ kg
- Tomato – 1 no
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala – 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds – ¼ tsp
- Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
- Garlic – 5 cloves
- Coriander leaves – a handful
- Olive oil – 4 tsp
- Half boil the potatoes. Drain the water. Cut them into cubes of medium sized.
- Finely chop the tomato and garlic.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Put mustard and cumin seeds, wait till it crackle.
- Put the potatoes, followed by all the spice powders except garam masala. Saute them for 2 mins.
- Put the garam masala and finely chopped garlic. Saute for a min.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree C.
- Take a baking tray, pour the leftover olive oil, potatoes with masala,sprinkle coriander leaves and tomato.
- Keep it in oven for 10 mins at 180 degree C.
Serve hot. I have accompained this with schewzan vegetable fried rice.